Nothing quite says fall like warm butternut squash. Fulfill your cravings with this quick and easy side dish that blends fresh, homegrown sage and rosemary for a sweet & savory twist! Preheat your oven, turn on your favorite holiday tunes, and dance like no one’s watching while you fill your house with the best flavors and fragrances of fall!
Cook time : 35 minutes
Makes 3 cups (4-6 servings)
- 3 cups butternut squash, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tbsp fresh sage, chopped
- 1/4 tsp rosemary, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, add butternut squash, sage, rosemary, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Mix until all the squash is coated in oil.
- Spread the squash onto the baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until fork tender. Serve while hot!
– quick and easy side for the holidays!
– squash and sage go so well together, sweet and savory!
– can use delicata squash as well – just bake for 40 minutes instead.
– to make it faster, you can use pre-cut butternut squash from your local grocery store.