A spicy chili oil recipe! There’s nothing better than fresh, aromatic and spicy chili oil to spice up your cooking! The varieties of chili oils available at the grocer are never-ending lately and for good reason. There are so many possible combinations of chili peppers, textures, heat levels, smokiness and tanginess that can characterize a chili oil and what combination is most agreeable can be entirely unique to your taste palette. That’s why we created this simplistic 3-ingredient chili garlic oil recipe that you can use both on its own or as a base to spruce up with additional ingredients to create your perfect chili oil. Plus, it’s the perfect recipe to use with your chili pepper harvest from the Chili Pepper Self-Watering Planter! Enjoy.
Homemade Chili Garlic Oil Recipe:
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Makes: 1 cup
– 1 cup grapeseed or olive oil
– 4 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
– 3-4 candlelight peppers, thinly sliced
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a saucepan over low heat.
- Once oil is hot, add garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- When the garlic turns light brown and fragrant, add the rest of the oil, sliced candlelight peppers, and a pinch of salt to the saucepan. Cook over low heat, (the oil should be only slightly warm), stirring often, for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Pour the oil into a blender and pulse 4-5 times.
- Pour the chilli oil into a mason jar. Store in refrigerator up to 1 month.