Oyster mushrooms are so tender and delicious in this super delicious quiche! It’s easier to make than it looks, making it a great recipe to use for a party or to impress mom on Mother’s Day. No crust means it’s also gluten-free and low-carb. Try switching it up with your favorite veggies!
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh sage
- 1 cup leeks, thinly sliced and washed
- 6 oz oyster mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cup spinach, fresh or frozen
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 8-9 asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup Gruyere + 1/4 cup for topping
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, add oil. Once oil is hot add garlic cloves. Cook 1 minute. Add sage and saute an additional minute. Add leeks and cook 5 minutes or until leeks are soft. Add mushrooms and cook 4-5 minutes or until tender. Add spinach and thyme and stir well. Saute for another 2 minutes. Pour filling into a 9 inch baking dish and spread evenly and top with feta cheese.
3. In the same skillet used for the filling, add 1 tsp of oil and asparagus. Saute for 3-4 minutes and set aside.
4. In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, Gruyere cheese, salt and pepper to taste. Pour egg mixture over the filling in the baking dish. Top with asparagus and additional Gruyere cheese.
5. Bake for 60 to 75 minutes or until the center is set (don’t worry if it starts to puff up – that’s normal!) and the top of the quiche is golden brown. Let cool for 20-30 minutes and enjoy!