Nothing says summer quite like corn on the cob – it’s a fantastic, classic side for a BBQ! In the unlikely case that you have leftovers, cut the corn off the cob and mix it with the herbed butter to make a quick roasted corn salad!
Makes 3/4 cup butter and can be used on 10 corn on the cobs
- 1/2 cup butter (vegan butter), room temperature
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- corn on the cob
1. In a small bowl, mix together all of the ingredients except for the corn. Add salt and pepper to taste and mix well. Spoon herbed butter onto parchment paper and shape into a log. Wrap the butter log and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until firm.
2. Grill corn on the cob (with husk on) for 10-15 minute on a grill or roast in the oven at 350 F for 30 minutes. Use a brush or knife and spread the herbed butter on the corn of the cob. Squeeze additional lime or add more chili powder on top if needed. Enjoy!
Make it vegan! Use vegan butter and no one will know the difference!
Leftover butter? Herbed butter will keep for 4 months in freezer and 2 months in the fridge.