Tired of the same old appetizers with bread, bread, and more bread? That ship has sailed! Our new zucchini boats bring a fun, colorful, and tasty twist to your spread without the typical bloaty breads.
Cooking Time: 30 mins
Makes 1-2 servings
- 1 zucchini
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup tomato, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and use a spoon to remove the seeds and create a bowl in the zucchini. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix together egg, cheddar cheese, diced tomato, diced red onion, minced garlic, chopped basil, salt and pepper to taste. Spoon into the zucchini and top with shredded parmesan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the the top browns. Serve while hot!