Whether you’re fueling up for your next workout or staying energized for that 3 pm meeting with your boss, high protein snacks are a tasty way to keep going.
Let’s face it, finding the perfect snack that combines high nutritional value, protein and healthy fats to fuel your day is like finding a unicorn! Check out these ten quick and easy protein snacks to get you through your workout, meeting or 3 PM slump.
Under 10 Minute Protein Snacks
- Protein Power Balls: These are super easy to prep on Sunday for the week ahead. Combine nut butter, oats, raw honey and cocoa nibs and roll into balls. Done!
- Turkey roll-up: Gluten free and super yummy! 2 slices deli turkey rolled up with one slice organic cheese and one slice tomato.
- Yogurt Parfait: Throwback to the days of TCBY. Layer full-fat organic Greek yogurt with fruits, nuts, seeds and chia in a clear jar. This snack is a quick and healthy pick-me-up!
- Ants on a log: A true classic. Simply smooth your favorite nut butter onto celery sticks and add raisins and a shake of Breakfast Toppers for an added crunch.
- Cheesy Kale Chips: Farewell pringles! When you need that salty crunch, bake some kale and sprinkle on nutritional yeast or curry powder.
- Mini Avocado Toast: You can’t go wrong here. Avocado (sliced or mashed), toasted whole grain bread, sliced radish, and topped with an egg. Perfection!
- Hipster Hummus: Add two spoonfuls of hummus to a mason jar from last year’s wedding season. Then throw in some carrots, cucumbers and celery sticks.
- Homemade Trail Mix: Shake up your own trail mix with protein-packed nuts and seeds, fiber-filled cereal and dried fruit. You can even add a little chocolate to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Cheese Platter To Go: One handful nuts, four slices raw sharp cheddar, a bunch of grapes and gluten-free crackers = snack magic.
- PBB Smoothie: For a sweet treat, combine bananas, organic raw peanut butter, hemp seeds, 1 cup almond milk and ice cubes in a blender. Go!