- 1 cup fresh basil, packed tightly
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil or grapeseed oil
- pinch of salt
1. Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil and turn off the heat. Blanch basil leaves for 15 seconds in the hot water. Strain the basil and add to an ice bath immediately. Drain the basil leaves on a paper towel and squeeze out excess water.
2. Add drained basil leaves, olive oil, and a pinch of salt to a blender. Blend well.
3. You can enjoy it as it is or strain the basil oil using a cheesecloth. Refrigerate up to 1 week.
Make it spicy!
Add 1 garlic clove or a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes.